Blasphemous features three possible endings. Ending A is considered to be the good ending of the game while Ending B is considered to be the bad ending. The Wounds of Eventide update added a third ending, Ending C, which is considered the true or canonical ending. Unlike the other two endings, ending C does not unlock an achievement.
The Path of the Believer
- Find the Immaculate Bead in Graveyard of the Peaks.
- Equip it and die three times to transform it into the Weight of True Guilt rosary bead.
- Find and destroy all the Statues of Confessors and complete all the Confessor Dungeons. Requires having Weight of True Guilt equipped.
- After each dungeon's completion, the Thorn that was given by Deogracias at the beginning of the game changes, eventually becoming Cvstodia of Sin.
- Afterwards, continue with the main story normally and defeat His Holiness Escribar.
After defeating Escribar, Deogracias will await in front of the mountain of ashes that once was the Burnt Tree and tells the Penitent One to climb it and commune with the Miracle. If all the requirements above have been completed, the Penitent One will have proven to be worthy and be able to climb to the top of the mountain. Once on the top, he will sit in the Turned Throne, stab himself with Mea Culpa, and his body will transform into a twisted tree, becoming the new Father and Son of the Miracle.
The Path of the Unworthy
- Complete the main story and defeat His Holiness Escribar.
- Not having completed all of the requirements for ending A (e.g. having done only 6/7 dungeons).
Without having completed all of the Confessor Dungeons, the Penitent One will have proven to be unworthy and be unable to climb the mountain, ending up swallowed by the ashes. Deogracias takes his helmet and his penitence will be over.
- Before you fight Esdras on the Bridge of the Three Calvaries after you fight the first three bosses, you must locate Perpetva grave, located in Echoes of Salt in an area named The Resting Place of the Sister. Once you have done so, the spirit of Perpetva will give you the Incomplete Scalpular. Now you may continue to Esdras, who will not fight you, instead giving you Taranto to My Sister before heading to The Brotherhood of Silent Sorrow.
- Meet Esdras back at The Brotherhood, in the church above (requires the Blood Perpetuated in Sand). Once inside speak to him, where he will give you the Key Grown from Twisted Wood and instruct you to bring it to the Library of Negated Words.
- You will need to first help Diosdado with his noise problem, silencing the ghost. Afterwards speaking to Diosdado while you have the Key Grown from Twisted Wood will have him reveal a secret door and allow you through.
- Once inside, follow the path until you meet the Holy Visage trapped in the roots of the Knot of Three Words. You will then need to defeat the following bosses in any order, Isidora Voice of the Dead who is found in the Ossuary after collecting all of the bones and Sierpes located in Mourning in Havoc.
- Each of these bosses holds an eye of the traitor, with Isadora holding The Right Eye of the Traitor and Sierpes holding The Broken Left Eye of the Traitor. Once you have them both, return to the trapped Holy Visage, who will give you The Apodictic Heart of Mea Culpa.
- Now you must equip The Apodictic Heart of Mea Culpa(WARNING: Once this heart is equipped, you may not equip any other heart until you beat the game and ascend) and proceed to the fight with Crisanta of the Wrapped Agony. After defeating her once, she will have a new stage. Defeat her again and interact with her to break her chains of faith.
- You will need to meet Cristanta again in The Bortherhood of Silent Sorrow, in the same place you met with Esdras. Here, Cristanta will give you The Holy Wound of Abnegation, and tell you to finish your pilgrimage.
- Make sure you have the Cvstodia of Sin as needed to get the first ending, before continuing with the game and defeating Escribar.
- After you defeat Escribar, you will be able to climb the mountain of ashes and ascend even further. This will start another fight with Escribar in a section that scrolls forever until you deal enough damage to him. During this time you will not be able to pause to change your gear or use any prayers.
- After you defeat Escribar for good, you will meet with the High Wills, who will scold you and before Penitant One and Cristana destroy them in a cutscene, ending the cycle of the Miracle once and for all.