"With this silver, I bless the mixture that will recover your spilled blood. "
Nacimiento is found in the room left of the entrance of the Desecrated Cistern from Albero, and was added on the Stir of Dawn DLC/update. He is a giant with the face of a child, although an old face pulses in his torso when The Penitent One meets them. According to Nacimiento, this face does not think and does not show any source of emotion.
He was cursed by the Miracle that as he ages forward, his faces gets younger and younger. Giving Quicksilver to him alongside Tears of Atonement and a Bile Flask will improve the effectiveness of the Bile flasks.
Costs and Consequences of Upgrading
- The first upgrade requires 1 Quicksilver, 1 Bile flask, and 1000 tears
- The second upgrade requires 1 Quicksilver, 1 Bile flask, and 3000 tears
- The third upgrade requires 1 Quicksilver, 1 Bile flask, and 7000 tears. He will complain that he is tired and tells the Penitent One to leave him alone. Reentering this room will have him in utter pain as this face - now torso, arms, and head - reaches out to the Penitent One, Nacimiento describes this being as "This Ancient One". He now desperately asks through groans of pain for the Penitent One to hurry and give him more Quicksilver.
- The fourth upgrade requires 1 Quicksilver, 1 Bile flask, and 12000 tears
- The fifth upgrade requires 1 Quicksilver, 1 Bile flask, and 21000 tears. Once again he will complain about being tired and requests for the Penitent One to leave the room. Upon reentering, the Ancient One is in a curled up position on the floor, asleep. Nacimiento is now a husk and kneels there, lifeless and a hole in his chest to show it.
|First Encounter||The light... The light you bring blinds my eyes...
Two faces greet you, Penitent One. My name is Nacimiento.
Look at my chest, upon which an ancient visage grows older and older. A face that does not speak, that does not think, while mine becomes younger such that I now look like a child.
Such a terrible sentence is this that I do not understand its purpose; no matter how much I reflect on the sins I may have committed to deserve it.
The grace of the Miracle is present even in those who are punished. Perhaps I might reduce the magnitude of this sentence by helping you.
Bring me the quicksilver, which is capable of flourishing under our feet in any place at the whim of the Grievous One, and I will mix it with the bile from your flasks, thereby enhancing its gift.
|Talking Again||Bring me the quicksilver, which is capable of flourishing under our feet in any place at the whim of the Grievous One, and I will mix it with the bile from your flasks, thereby enhancing its gift.|
- "Quicksilver" and "Tears of Atonement" on his upgrade menu are always in Spanish, while "Bile Flasks" changes accordingly to the language selected.
- Nacimiento is a Spanish word that means "birth". It is used as a last name in Spanish and Portuguese speaking countries (more commonly in the latter), and is also used to refer to a traditional Nativity scene in many countries of Europe, Latin America and other parts of the world.