"That madman could not bear the death of his sister. He's still talking to her as if she were there beside him. Sometimes it even seems as if they were arguing. He's long gone and hasn't been seen since."
Prepetva is the founder of the Anointed Legion and sister of Esdras. She wears the Legion's traditional armor with red ribbons and wields a massive sword also covered in ribbons, but her most prominent feature is her four red wings.
If she is defeated at the Mountains of the Endless Dusk, she will disappear and the Penitent One can acquire the rosary bead, Perpetva's Protection. She later reappears during the fight with Esdras, towards the end of the fight. If she was not defeated at the first encounter, Perpetva's Protection will appear next to the tree where the original fight took place after Esdras is defeated.
Behaviour and Tactics
- Lightning Strike: On your first encounter, Perpetva will summon lightning to strike the Penitent One. This attack is made with a telegraphed particle effect. The lightning will strike several times, and has poor tracking.
- Quick Lightning Strike: On your first encounter, Perpetva will cast a quick strike of lightning, usually it's too fast to avoid with a slide. Causes moderate damage, lethal if your health is low.
- Lance Charge: After taking some damage or if enough time has passed, Perpetva will come down and line her height with the player, then charge with her sword. This is a very slow and telegraphed attack.
When fought for the first time, Perpetva will come out of a tree struck by lightning, surrounded by people burning at stakes in the Mountains of Endless Dusk.
Seguiriya to your Eyes like Stars, the Prayer that increases attack speed is especially useful for the fight. Try to end the fight quickly and be aggressive, but dodge the incoming lightning strikes. They are foreshadowed by electric particle effects. Her Lightning Strike has poor tracking and is fairly slow. Jump attacks are very effective against her.
She is open for attacks for an extended period after she has completed her charge attack.
Relevant Item Descriptions
"Esdras, you say?" spoke the soldier, "That madman could not bear the death of his sister. He's still talking to her as if she were there beside him. Sometimes it even seems as if they were arguing. He's long gone and hasn't been seen since."
- According to the title of her official speedpaint published in 2017, Perpetva's last name is "Eclessiae", meaning that this is Esdras' one as well.
- Her appearance may be somewhat inspired by Slave Knight Gael from Dark Souls 3. They share many characteristics, both wield greatswords, both wear red capes (or wings, in Perpetva's case), and during their battles lightning rains from the sky.